Sunday 31 May 2015

Toby Farrier: Manuscript Review

I recently sent a draft of my manuscript to a few independent readers to read and review. I asked each reader to offer comments on the book's beginning, structure and ending. I am thrilled with verbal comments to-date and will post e-mailed copies as they arrive at my in-box. 

It seems I have left the ending too open for Denise Lang of Dunolly, but that has been intentional. I want to take Toby on another adventure soon. Any way here is what she had to say.

Hi Terry,

Re: Toby Farrier Manuscript. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed it, don't know how you do it. But you do it bloody well. If that was the ending you definitely need to write a sequel cos I NEED to know if Darren and Toby mend their bridge, also a hint of what Darren wrote in the folded pages of his log. Is the ring valuable and if Slasher and his mum move forward with his teacher. Do Charlie and Arthur get to go on their trip and do John Evans and his partner end up together. 

Terry, you really need to get this published, I personally think it's on a par with Bryce Courtney's novels, which I couldn't get enough of. 

Cheers

Denise XXXX
Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Pressed my eleven year old granddaughter for an opinion on Toby Farrier.

    'I read it during recess at school, so yeah it's good, I liked it.

    'Which bit was best?' I said.

    'All of it. Look I felt dorky sitting there with a folder on my knees, but it didn't matter. By the way there are plenty of typos in there.' She said.

    I said thank you and didn't press for more critical analysis.

    ReplyDelete