Friday 29 June 2012

Characters can be so anoying.

Merlene's comment below has prompted me to slap everyone of the characters, and put them back in their place. It's a tough love situation we are in here, I told them. They can appear in the second and third books of the Gillespie family's trillogy, but for now the important thing is to sit quietly, while I finish the first book.

I need to be strong during the rewrite and cut their influence back a bit, and not allow them to take over the novel, by edging others into the background. Following a guideline was the ony way I could keep the story moving forward and stay aligned with the plot.

For those who have helped with comments and critiques thank you. I hope that you will reconise your recomendations when the work is finished.

This little distraction I am on now is really me just pumping up my own tyres, therefore I had better get stuck in, and finish it.

Terry L Probert

No comments:

Post a Comment