Wednesday 17 October 2012

NaNoWriMo Challenge Entry In

Well my entry is in and accepted so the quest before me is to write a 50,000 word novel within  November. I have done the maths and that is only 1,620 words a day or 10,000 a week. Now it's starting to feel more daunting but what the heck I can only do my best.

For anyone who has considered trying their hand at a longer work this might be the thing to get our creativity started. From the rules (and I will go over them more carefully) this is not about perfect writing, the main aim is to get your story down. Bash away at the keys and let things flow, the target number is what you're aiming for.

I understand that you can plot and assemble your characters beforehand but to get into the spirit of the event, you only start the writing on November 1st.

When filling out the entry form I needed a title so looking around my desk I saw an old pen I no longer use. The title of this young adult novel is 'The Golden Fountain Pen'.

I will report my word count progress as November flashes past and offer glimpses of the tale as it develops.

You can access the NaNoWriMo website via this link: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/whatisnano I recommend taking up the challenge or even just visiting to see how other writers from around the world are doing.

Cick the follow button or check my posts on Facebook.

Thanks for dropping in

2 comments:

  1. It's good to a small part of the international writing community, to step aside from the inner critic and let the words flow. Perfect writing does not necessarily make a good story - more about this in a blog post later - but the free flow of creative writing is a good way to write a perfect story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the plan.

    Am I right in thinking you can have a plot and a plan worked out before starting? All I have at the moment is a Title (The Golden Fountain Pen)and a few random ideas. I want to see if I can do a young adult story. (a bit of a challenge as I had an innocent and sheltered upbringing)

    Thanks for the post.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete