Friday 5 October 2012

Time for a kick in the pants

Okay so I haven't put anything on the blog for a few days, nor have I made an attempt to write anything more than an occasional e-mail. I am a chronic procrastination sufferer and this disease is one of laziness. Not something that has been clinically diagnosed, it's more a journey of self discovery and awareness.

I once read if you can't find inspiration to continue writing your work, write about the lack of original thought until you begin to get back into the habit. Today this is what I'm doing, giving myself a well intentioned kick in the pants.

Wordsmiths of Melton didn't meet last Wednesday as it was our first week of the month and the room we use at the library is occuppied, not a key was touched. At our last meeting the group were discussing their entries in the Melton Story Competition and although we have all agreed to submit something I am finding the story hard to develop, several themes rattle around in a skull berefit of original ideas and the echo of defeat resounds in my mind.

Well that's enough self pity from me for now, I feel the kicking complete and and idea developing.

Thanks for the visit, but I have to get on with my writing now.

Cheers,

Terry

1 comment:

  1. Yes Terry, as they say, if you have writer's block, write about the writer's block until something useful comes out - in my experience it always does! I have a story ready for the Melton Short Story Competition but will let it sit for a couple of weeks and re-read it with fresh eyes before submitting it. Cheers, Christine

    ReplyDelete