Wednesday 17 October 2012

Wordsmiths of Melton

I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work
I really must re-read my work

I have done it Miss, I have done my 20 lines. 

I need to take a better look at the work I put up for critique next time as not only did I make some new clangers, but repeated some of  the originals in the re-write. I now feel suitably chastised and have promised myself to do better next time.

Overall a great day today with Frank Lorraine Jenny, Julee and Les. Thanks for the help and encouragement Wordsmiths.

3 comments:

  1. I can smell the chalk dust from here. But, Terry, I can see you cheated by copying and pasting so you really still have 19 lines to go. I bet you also used to shove a book down the back of your pants when you got the cuts. Swish! Swish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brylcream was the salve of choice. Begin the day with greasey hair or sit alongside a kid who did. When taken to the office for three of the best, rub your hands though the hair an hold the tips of your fingers downward. The only problem you had was when the head master noticed your ploy and then he would risk his own hand by holding your fingers. Only once in my time did a kid pull his hand back and laughing with glee as the Headmaster winced in pain. Vengence however came in a new method of torture when the kid responsible took ten of the best with his hand palm up and resting on the desk.
      Waiting in the corridoor for our turn, we could hear the satisfaction old Smithy took with every blow he delivered.

      Delete