Tuesday 12 March 2013

Les Gillespie's Gold -- Oops --

It's funny how careful planning can also bring you undone if you don't check your work. In responding to a comment on one of my posts I noticed that I had given one of my characters a different surname. She appears in KUNDELA and her character will have a bigger role in Les Gillespie's Gold. Bearing this in mind I had ploughed ahead creating mannerisms and features hair colour etc, Fiona was a complete and confident woman in the yummy mummy genre.

She appears in the story around chapter four and then her husband John shows up meeting her  in the same chapter. As I typed the story I knew his name was different. I could have maintained she kept her maiden name after marriage but she is not that big of character and if I refer to her parents at any time then they too have another surname. I would have to correct her profile sheet.

Therefore I had no option but to go back to the Kundela manuscript and complete a search. It took nearly half an hour but there he was.

Now that their family is over an identity crisis I can get on with the yarn that is Les Gillespie's Gold.

Check out Fiona O'Rourke's profile on my blog, if can you remember the wrong surname, I have three free copies of Kundela to give away to a random three people who get the answer right. Just leave the wrong name in the comments section.

Cheers,

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment