Monday 17 February 2014

Missing Ben

It's been just thirty one years today
at two o'clock you closed your eyes
an angel's arms then lifted you
for in this matter, I had no say

A lot has happened since time
Some good, some bad, some hard
but no a day goes past my son
I forget you in my rhyme

I think of all the stuff you'd do
with family near and far
would you have a wife and kids
or be a keeper in a zoo

I get a little choked up too when
I see your friends now all grown
With children running round
and so I've put paper neath my pen

I've seen a million changes
and done some stupid things
I've written lots of words to you
and told of you to strangers

It's been just thirty one years today
at two o'clock you closed your eyes
an angel's arms then lifted you
for in this matter, I had no say

2 comments: