Tuesday 12 July 2016

A Novel Writer's Blues

Rain and hail beats a heavy tune
The wind rips outside my winter room
And like a banshee does wail
I’m trying hard to force the flow
But my chapter just won’t grow
Yesterday I had that gift
But today I just don’t know.

Words that tempted me when I young
Haunt me now like songs we sung
Today every sentence written fails
I tap the keys time and time again
Read my margin notes scratched in pen
Where is this gift I’m sure I had
Why today are my words so bad

A ray of sunshine tries to sneak through
Rain and wind soon wipe away a sky of blue
Write something else I tell myself
A song a rhyme to find my flow
Advice for others if their words were slow
But what’s it worth, advice for free
Story of an angry day and stormy sea

Heavy the rain still beats its tune
And wind still rips outside my writer’s room
And like a hundred banshees does wail
Still trying hard to force the flow
But this chapter still won’t grow
Yesterday I had the writer’s gift
Yet today I’m lost, I just don’t know

3 comments:

  1. Must be very frustrating :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, Ended up having a great day working over old stories and poems. Surprised myself with how much tuff is on the blog. Some of it's good too. Probably time you were writing too.

      Delete